Saturday, July 30, 2011

Embossing Challenge

Hi peeps, just popping in to post a couple of cards I made for the embossing challenge over at Simply Scrapping Crafts :)  They have 3 or 4 challenges going on and you can pick and choose which you would like to enter.  I could only find time to get these two done for the embossing.  I'm happy with the first one and hate the second!!!!  Stupid embossing powder on the sun stuck in the wrong places and so it's sloppy looking.. But I wanted to enter two cards, and there's only one day left so this is what I'm left with!  (I promise I'll try to do better for the August challenges!!!)
First card is made with a lot of Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage products!  Just adore that company!!  The embossed part is the red Core'dinations cardstock which I embossed with my Sizzix Texture Boutique Embossing Machine.  So here it is:




And here's my embarrassing card!!!!  The sun is a beautiful stamp set call Baggin' Some Rays by The Craft's Meow.  I embossed it with white embossing powder.  Most of the paper on the card is from American Craft's new Margaritaville collection, with the exception of the bathing suits (or bathing soup's as my 4 yr old calls them!) which are from Fancy Pants Rusted Sun collection.


Well that's it for tonight!  I'm off to bed ;)  Hope to get a lot of crafting done tomorrow because the little one will be out of town at a parade with her Grandma!  Yipeee!!!!!!   .... It's just too bad I have to go to work .. cough, cough! J/K  Later :)

10 comments :

  1. more darling cards--you are too hard on yourself-i love them both:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both such beautiful cards, you are very talented! Looking forward to seeing more of your great creations, I am now a follower. :)

    I would love if you stopped by my craft blog, Made Especially For You.

    Ashley
    http://especiallymade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think both are lovely Renee. Thanks for joining us at SSC this month

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative, Renee, and do such a great job with two totally different styles of cards. I really enjoyed the dear picture of the two little girls sharing secrets, and your second card has the fun and funky feel that anyone would love. GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are so cute and fun! lovely cards, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the distressing look on the first card! The second one is just full of summer fun....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty cards:) TY for the share:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renee I like that you made two cards with totally different styles - both very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. whoo hooo! Look at all that CS stuff on the fairy card! Love it! Love seeing both your cards. Love the Summery one too!

    ReplyDelete