Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Co-worker Birthday Card

Hi friends,

Quick card I made for a co-workers birthday today.  I'm trying desperately to get my mojo back, and the first step was to clean up my disaster of a work space, and then just diving right in!  Using sketches like the one below from Love My Tapes is a great first step also :)





I'll be entering this card into the Love My Tapes June card challenge, and the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog's "Sporty or Patriotic" challenge... I figured the red/white/kind of teal-blue along with stars and gingham stripes would work!

Thanks for stopping by and just a reminder I have a blog candy going until next week - click HERE to leave a comment and be entered.
Toodles!

12 comments :

  1. What a wonderful card! Love how you used real ribbon and also made your own faux ribbon with the paper! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So CUTE! Love the white sentiment and the doodled stitches! Wonderful card, Renee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with the Love My Tapes sketch challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! Love the color combo and the texture elements added to this card. Thanks for sharing!
    Happily Scrapbooking & Crafting My Memories~Sandra V.
    http://OhMyScraps2U.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fun card Renee! I love the dark background with the pops of color. You did a great job on those stitch lines girl!!!! Mine always look crooked and uneven lol. I'm sure your coworker loved it : ) G

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous card, Renee. I love the fresh trendy look. Outstanding job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Renee your sketch interpretation is dazzling! Love those colorful hanging banners!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card and I LOVE teal :) Love the cheevrons with the stitches and I'm sure your co-worker loved it as much as I do :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card, Renee!! :D I love that pop of teal!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, Renee! I bet your coworker loved it.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Renee, I love how all the banners hang down. Thanks for visiting my blog and for mentioning my candy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice layout you got there. I love it. Very sophisticated and very cool card. it's simple yet very appealing. Thanks!
    waikiki resort

    ReplyDelete